Stone Federation are inviting any architect involved with the use of natural stone to attend the 2015 Use of Stone in Building Course in London later in the year.
The Use of Stone in Building Course is a well-established date in the stone industry calendar, providing delegates with both an overview and a working knowledge of the design and use of natural stone in building.
The new-style course has been tailored to meet the specific needs of architects, but will also be of huge value to designers, specifiers, surveyors and planners. This year, it has been streamlined into a more condensed format so delegates benefit from the same high quality of information and expertise, but over one day.
The Federation’s Chief Executive Jane Buxey explains:
“The course efficiently delivers everything that people involved with the use of stone need to know in order to make the correct decisions about the type of stone that should be used in particular situations”
The presentations will be delivered by experts with unrivalled experience in the industry, covering a wide range of topics:
• Geology of Stone, including selecting and quarrying
• Stone Testing, British and European Standards and CE Marking
• Detailing of Stone, including working drawings and fixings
• Masonry and Architecture, including external masonry and rain screen cladding
• Repairs, Restoration and Cleaning
• External Paving
• Stone for Interiors
• Environmental and Sustainability of stone
This year’s event is to be held on Wednesday 7 October at the Thistle Euston Hotel, London.