Stone Federation Invites Architects to Attends Use of Stone in Building Course
Stone Federation would like to invite architects to attend the 2016 Use of Stone in Building Course on Thursday 13 October in London.
This event is one of the most popular in the Federation’s calendar and provides architectural and design professionals with the opportunity to hear from some of the natural stone industry’s leading experts on topics including:
- Geology of stone, including selecting and quarrying
- Stone testing, British and European Standards and CE Marking
- Detailing of stone, including working drawings and fixings
- Masonry and architecture, including external masonry and rain screen cladding
- Stone for interiors
- External paving
- Ethical sourcing and Sustainability of stone
The course provides an overview and a working knowledge of the design and use of natural stone and takes account of the current needs of those involved with the specifying of stone. Experienced architects, recently qualified and trainee architectural professionals will all find this to be an extremely worthwhile event.
“Good value for money, very informative and excellent quality of speakers.”
“Very engaging and instructive. I thoroughly enjoyed it.”
“Very good overview of stone across a range of topics.”