Hypostyle Architects in collaboration with the ESPC have organised an evening event looking at property repair and maintenance.
The event will provide building owners with the tools required to ascertain their building’s condition, and demonstrate how to carry out repairs and ensure correct maintenance of their property.
Vital information will be provided to help you:
– Find out the condition of your property
-Find out the process required to repair and maintain your property
-Learn what funding options are available to you
-Get tips on getting your neighbours together to carry out the works
-Speak with knowledgeable professionals who can start you off on the right track
-Pick up information/leaflets to help
There will be short presentations from:
- Jo Parry, Conservation Architect, Hypostyle Architects: The importance of repairing properties and advice on how to get started.
- Fiona McDonald, Edinburgh World Heritage: Grant aided projects within EWH site.
- Graeme Miller, NFRC: Best roof repair practice.
- Alex Stark, Stone Federation: Identifying defective stonework & the process of its repair/ replacement.
- Dorothy Hoskins, Historic Scotland: Advice on appropriate repair and maintenance, covering all key areas of your building and the HS Inform guides available to help.
- Simon Roberts, Scottish Government: Fundamental information on the Tenement Act, encouraging owners to work together with their neighbours.
Venue: ESPC Showroom, 85 George Street, EH2 3ES
Please RSVP: email@example.com