Booking is now open for the popular Use of Stone in Building Course.
The new-style course has been tailored to meet the specific need of architects, but will also be of huge value to designers, specifiers, surveyors and planners. It has been streamlined into a more condensed format so delegates benefit from the same high quality of information and expertise, but over one day.
‘The Use of Stone in Building’ Course is aimed at architects, designers, specifiers, surveyors and planners, and as the Federation’s Chief Executive Jane Buxey explains:
“The course efficiently delivers everything that people involved with the use of stone need to know in order to make the correct decisions about the type of stone that should be used in particular situations”
The presentations will be delivered by experts with unrivalled experience in the industry, covering a wide range of topics:
- Geology of Stone, including selecting and quarrying
- Stone Testing, British and European Standards and CE Marking
- Detailing of Stone, including working drawings and fixings
- Masonry and Architecture, including external masonry and rain screen cladding
- Repairs, Restoration and Cleaning
- External Paving
- Stone for Interiors
- Environmental and Sustainability of stone
The course will be held at the Thistle Euston Hotel, London on 8 October 2014 and charged at £190 + VAT which includes refreshments, pastries, a buffet lunch and provision of the course material.