The Duke of Gloucester Gold Medal Nominations Committee is now seeking a candidate for 2013 who has made a notable difference to the craft or the industry, whether as a mason, architect, surveyor, designer, employer, manager or trainer.
Nominations can come from any field but they should have achieved or excelled in more than one of the following:
- achieved national recognition in any aspect of the craft
- changed some element of the industry with entrepreneurship, vision or innovation
- designed, restored or developed outstanding buildings using stone
- provided opportunities for or supported the training and development of craftsmen
- been a mentor to those in their field
- enhanced the reputation of, and demonstrated dedication to, the craft or the natural stone industry
- earned the respect of their peers
A nomination form is available here. Nominations will be considered by the Nominations Committee, which consists of representatives of The Worshipful Company of Masons, one of the City of London’s oldest Livery Companies, and Stone Federation Great Britain, the trade association for the natural stone industry. The Committee is chaired by HRH The Duke of Gloucester KG GCVO.
The Gold Medal will be presented at the annual Master’s Banquet of the Masons’ Company held at the Mansion House, the home of the Lord Mayor of London, on Friday 1st March 2013.
The closing date for nominations is Friday 26 October 2012.